Reimburse: repay (a person who has spent or lost money):
- We are reimbursed for monthly transportation costs.
Digress: leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing:
- “May I digress briefly from the topic? I’d like to tell you about a time ….
**That’s a good question Albert. Let me see ……
Insufficient: not enough
- There was insufficient time to prepare.
Work VS Works
- Work as a noun has two plural forms, countable and uncountable:
- if you can count it, and there’s more than one of it, it’s “works” – Works of art, earthworks.
- If it’s uncountable or ambiguous about quantity, it’s “work” – all my work, their work.
- If it’s used in a sense of the production of an item, its plural is also work – paperwork, iron work.
Duties or Work:
- Task, duty, job, chore, assignment means a piece of work to be done.
- Task implies work imposed by a person in authority or an employer or by circumstance.
- Charged with a variety of tasks duty implies an obligation to perform or responsibility for performance.
Event Coordinator: Ranging in expertise from social to corporate, aid organizations in coordinating successful events, by adhering to financial needs, rental space accommodations and client requests. Coordinators can freelance their work on a per-job basis or may be hired by organizations to attend to their events only.
Bread and Butter (idiom):
- to indicate what a person earns or earns for
- the reason for someone to make money
- someone’s livelihood.
- often used as a synonym for the earnings of a person
- I am counting on this job for my bread and butter.
- His bread and butter come entirely from his pension.
Acronym: abbreviation i.e PTC = Personal Touch Communication
Anecdote: a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person
- Flat: no carbonation – My beer was flat so I ordered a new one.
- Batter: Tempura is a food dipped in batter then cooked in hot oil.
- 1506: fifteen oh six (The year 1506)
- 8 years ago: Eight years ago …. (Don’t start a sentence with a number (8) – Use the word (eight))